Angela Van Sciver, BA, CPT
Title: Clinical Research Coordinator and Program Manager
Role in the ADC:
- As a clinical research coordinator, Angela is responsible for coordinating the exercise trials conducted in the KU ADC. She coordinates the TEAM and ADEPT studies for Dr Burns; the TORTIAS study for Dr. Vidoni; and assists in coordinating the MPA study for Dr. Watts. She is also coordinating the Intellispeak study for Dr. Burns.
- As program manager for the KU ADC Education Core, Angela helps drive recruitment for the KU ADC as well as other KU ADC-sponsored trials; assists with community outreach and education in the area of Alzheimer's disease.
Clinical Interests: Exercise for special populations and the effect of exercise on cognition
Education and Training:
- Associate in Arts in Health and PE in 1996 from GA Perimeter College in Atlanta, GA
- Bachelor's degrees in Professional Biology and in Natural Science in 1999 from Park University in Parkville, Mo.
- Personal Fitness Trainer Certification Specialist, AFAA 2006 - Present
- Mat Pilates, Personal Best Pilates Studio, May 2006 - Present
- Personal Fitness Trainer, AFAA, 2005 - Present
- Primary Group Exercise, AFAA, 1991 - Present
- Mat Pilates, Exercise Science Alliance, 2001 - Present
- CPR, Healthcare Provider, American Heart Association, 1991 - Present
- BA Cum Laude, Park University (1999)
- AS with Honors, Dekalb College (1996)
- Who's Who Among American Junior Colleges, Dekalb College (1996)
- Outstanding Student, Physical Education Department, Dekalb College (1996)
- Outstanding Performance, Certified Peer Health Educator (1996)
- Outstanding Performance, Interclub Council Chair, Dekalb College (1996)
- Women's Soccer Regional Champions, Dekalb College, Spring (1996)
Anything physically active, especially anything that can take place outdoors such as hiking, canoeing, camping, etc. She also enjoys spending time with her two sons and three grandchildren as well as with other family, loved ones and friends.